We are continually building our team - committed to a future of Data-driven Intelligent Surgical Systems, a frontier OrbSurgical has pioneered and continues to advance. Please join us in realizing this promise and be part of that future!
Share your interest and resume by emailing directly to ADMIN@ORBSURGICAL.COM
We have filled this position. Thank you for your interest and application!
Currently looking for part-time to full-time electrical engineer (Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters Degree an asset/early career) with interest and strength in embedded microcontroller systems, multilayer PCB design and development for use in surgical device -systems, programming PCBs, microprocessing units; with knowledge – Interest in surgical technology and application, e.g. Operating room environment; Teleoperation-telesurgery and robotic control; Network systems LAN, wired, wireless networks, RF signals etc.
Click here for more details.
Required skills, expertise and knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience and completion of post-secondary education in related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of related technical experience.
- Expert knowledge of electrical engineering and programming as it relates to medical robotics and smart surgical technologies.
- Perform detailed design, documentation, and implementation of moderately complex technological systems.
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills.
- Experienced in electronics, electronic components, circuit design, embedded systems, data acquisition, and problem solving in macro/micro-electronic scale.
- Ability of creating a hardware-in-the-loop, software-controlled interface, while being involved in all procedures of design, material selection, hard wiring, assembling, programming, test and analysis.
- Ability of hardware design, software programming and electrical circuit connecting the components and assembly, including testing and validation.
- Sound knowledge electrical components and circuit design for innovative surgical/medical device including Robotics.
- Skilled in designing electrical diagrams using appropriate software.
- During technology development and assembly processes, able to identify the best or ideal product in the market for relevant requirements, analyze cost, quality, efficacy for purchase and/or procurement.
- Able to maintain professional and collaborative relations with all vendors, collaborators (academic and industrial) .
- Knowledge of electrical and hardware-software control mechanisms in teleoperation.
- Reliable, safe, clean operation of all laboratory equipment, including robotics unit in a laboratory setting.
- Keep laboratory and work area clean and safe.
Required Software Proficiency: Altium, Matlab, Simulink.
Required Software Knowledge: SolidWorks, Inventor or AutoCAD.
Programming language proficiency: C/C+/C++, C#, Java, Python.
Intermediate to advanced skills " in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, Internet skills for advanced search (vendors, publications, patents, industry).
- Understanding of safety codes, standards, and systems related to specialization.
- Regulatory principles and understanding of medical device.
- Professionalism, strong work ethics, disciplined, responsible, and commited to work/employment, understansing and respectful of diverse team members-envionment, and collaboration.
- Able to take on challenges and problem solve, self-directed learning, able to propose viable solutions based on background reading, relevant exploration and search.
- Conduct literature review, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for us in scholarly publications, patents or trade secret, when required to.
- Mentor/Train other staff and students on expertise/knowlede/skills of self, safe operation of equipment and laboratory protocols.
- Knowledgeable of medical robotics and nuances related to their technical operation and safety standards.
- Establishes and maintains effective, productive relationships with staff, peers, immediate supervisor and senior management and with the campus community.
- Manages own time effectively and ensures immediate reports to manager is kept informed of activities, and progress of work.
- Demonstrated strong communication, team and customer service skills, and an ability to exercise judgment within established guidelines.
Please email your resume to: Admin@orbsurgical.com