Currently looking for part-time to full-time electrical engineer (Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters Degree an asset/early career) with interest and strength in embedded microcontroller systems, multilayer PCB design and development for use in surgical device -systems, programming PCBs, microprocessing units; with knowledge – Interest in surgical technology and application, e.g. Operating room environment; Teleoperation-telesurgery and robotic control; Network systems LAN, wired, wireless networks, RF signals etc.
Click here for more details.
Required skills, expertise and knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience and completion of post-secondary education in related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of related technical experience.
- Expert knowledge of electrical engineering and programming as it relates to medical robotics and smart surgical technologies.
- Perform detailed design, documentation, and implementation of moderately complex technological systems.
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills.
- Experienced in electronics, electronic components, circuit design, embedded systems, data acquisition, and problem solving in macro/micro-electronic scale.
- Ability of creating a hardware-in-the-loop, software-controlled interface, while being involved in all procedures of design, material selection, hard wiring, assembling, programming, test and analysis.
- Ability of hardware design, software programming and electrical circuit connecting the components and assembly, including testing and validation.
- Sound knowledge electrical components and circuit design for innovative surgical/medical device including Robotics.
- Skilled in designing electrical diagrams using appropriate software.
- During technology development and assembly processes, able to identify the best or ideal product in the market for relevant requirements, analyze cost, quality, efficacy for purchase and/or procurement.
- Able to maintain professional and collaborative relations with all vendors, collaborators (academic and industrial) .
- Knowledge of electrical and hardware-software control mechanisms in teleoperation.
- Reliable, safe, clean operation of all laboratory equipment, including robotics unit in a laboratory setting.
- Keep laboratory and work area clean and safe.
Required Software Proficiency: Altium, Matlab, Simulink.
Required Software Knowledge: SolidWorks, Inventor or AutoCAD.
Programming language proficiency: C/C+/C++, C#, Java, Python.
Intermediate to advanced skills " in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, Internet skills for advanced search (vendors, publications, patents, industry).
- Understanding of safety codes, standards, and systems related to specialization.
- Regulatory principles and understanding of medical device.
- Professionalism, strong work ethics, disciplined, responsible, and commited to work/employment, understansing and respectful of diverse team members-envionment, and collaboration.
- Able to take on challenges and problem solve, self-directed learning, able to propose viable solutions based on background reading, relevant exploration and search.
- Conduct literature review, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for us in scholarly publications, patents or trade secret, when required to.
- Mentor/Train other staff and students on expertise/knowlede/skills of self, safe operation of equipment and laboratory protocols.
- Knowledgeable of medical robotics and nuances related to their technical operation and safety standards.
- Establishes and maintains effective, productive relationships with staff, peers, immediate supervisor and senior management and with the campus community.
- Manages own time effectively and ensures immediate reports to manager is kept informed of activities, and progress of work.
- Demonstrated strong communication, team and customer service skills, and an ability to exercise judgment within established guidelines.
Please email your resume to: Admin@orbsurgical.com